Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It's Time....

In April 2009 my dear brother in-law Brian set up this blog account for me. I had no idea of the "joke" he was playing on me until I received an e-mail from him that said..."check out this cool blog". I was kinda excited to see what this "cool" blog was all about. I hurried onto the "cool" site only to find a picture of me and a blog with my name on it! SURPRISE!! Haha:) The first post on this site was comical. Brian thought he would write a few things "about me" pretending to be me! It was PRICELESS! I have since deleted that post. Nice try Bri!
As I sat on the couch I thought to myself....what am I to do with this?? I started to ask a few questions. Krista (my sister) sat beside me and said...Rachelle, you should seriously think about starting a blog. I asked her...what would I say? I can't write and my spelling is terrible. I couldn't stand school and I almost failed English! She said....share what's on your heart Ro. Share the things that God is teaching you. Share the journey of LIFE He has taken you on and is continuing to take you on. I sat and thought about it for a few seconds but was quick to respond with....I don't have a computer or lap top to where I can keep up with something like this. At that moment it was a GREAT excuse. In fact it was true!


That was until the month of May came into the picture. It was the week after my birthday when I came strolling into work. I walked back into the office area to lay my stuff by the desk. On the floor next to the desk was a BIG pink bag. I thought to myself...now that's a package people! :) A few minutes after being in the office my boss (Pam) came walking in. She picked up the BIG pink bag and handed it to me. I quickly asked....what is this?? She said... it's a gift from me. I opened the bag and inside was a brand new lap top. NO JOKE!! In complete shock I said....what is this for?? She said it's for you to have! In that moment I was pretty much speechless as I said THANK YOU! Later that day as I finished up at work and drove home I started praying and thanking God for this unexpected gift HE had given me. I immediately started to ask him...What am I to do with this gift?
Months would pass and every so often I would come back to this site and just look at the blank page. The moment I would get on this site I would find myself saying...there is no way...... I can't do this and I would quickly exit the page!


The past several weeks now I have visited this site more frequently. I checked the counter today and I have officially been on this blank site 22 times! Wow I am a dork!! Haha:)
As I sit her tonight and sign on for the 23rd time I am approached with a question that runs through my mind. It's a question that has run through my mind once before regarding a different situation. The question is this....Rachelle, what happens when you break down the barriers of life and become completely vulnerable with God? Do you not realize that it is in your time of vulnerability with God that he shows up and has the ability to do some of his best work? Ummmm yeah...Welcome to the WOW moment! I didn't really have much to say. So it's in this moment that I sit and feel as though the buzzer has gone off and.....IT'S TIME! I have no clue what this will all look like. I'm just gonna take a BIG leap of FAITH and just start! I've learned in LIFE all God needs is a starting place. Once HE has that from you the sky is the limit. I have to say.....I am kinda EXCITED about this and pray that through my imperfections and misspelled words that God would be able to use me in whatever way HE desires to!

THANK YOU for taking the time to read the first blog. May the Lord bless you with a peaceful night of rest!

Rachelle
a.k.a RoRo :)

1 comment:

  1. Good post! Not as good as the original one, but still good :).

    ReplyDelete